COVID-19 Symptom check list
COVID-19 TEST LOCATOR
*If you or your child are asymptomatic for COVID-19 but would like to be tested for reasons such as exposure, travel or contact with a high risk person, you may contact an urgent care to schedule a test. Please follow up directly with urgent care for your results. Please visit the link below provided by the Department of Public Health to find an urgent care near you*
RETURNING TO SPORTS AFTER COVID-19
The AAP is now recommending that any child who tests positive for Covid should get their doctor’s approval before returning to exercise or sports. If you receive a positive test result outside of our office, please let us know. Click below for more details.
We now have the ability to schedule Telehealth “virtual” office visits. The majority of our encounters will still need to be in-person, as most aspects of the physical exam are better completed in-person for both well visits and sick visits, and especially if vaccines need to be administered. We have, however, already begun some Telehealth visits and look forward to meeting some of your child’s healthcare needs without requiring an in-person office visit.
- Some examples of medical complaints and visit types that can potentially be completed via Telehealth include: medication checks and follow-ups, evaluation of rashes, headaches, constipation, ADHD and asthma management, general developmental or behavioral questions/concerns, mild respiratory illness and minor injuries.
- Our triage nurses will help decide on a case-by-case basis whether or not a virtual visit via Telehealth is appropriate, and if not, we remain available to see your child in-person.
- Please make sure to weigh and measure your child prior to the appointment. It can be helpful for babies to use a piece of string or yarn to measure the length and head circumference!
- Please have a flashlight available to aid in the examination.
- We encourage you to sign-up for MyChart, as you will need to have access to MyChart in order to participate in the virtual visit. Sign-up for MyChart.
- PNW providers continue to be available to see patients via telehealth. Please note that telehealth visits can be done as an audio-only telephone encounter or through a video encounter using a secure HIPAA compliant platform. In order to allow for an adequate discussion, both types of telehealth visits will be scheduled in your provider’s schedule and then documented similar to an in office visit. We bill your insurer in the same manner as an in person visit. Coverage for telehealth has expanded over the past year. In most cases your insurer will provide coverage for telehealth encounters in the same way as in person visits. Therefore, depending on your specific insurance plan, telehealth visits may generate a charge to your deductible or a co-pay. If you are unsure about the specifics of your coverage for these visits, please contact your insurers. Our billers are also available to answer any questions they can. We are grateful to have telehealth as an option to provide continuity of care for our patients.
- Please note all patients that are 13 years or older must have their own MyChart account to access their virtual visit.
- View the Telehealth Patient User Guide
Check out our blog for other helpful information regarding the coronavirus.
Many of our patients have asked us questions about the COVID-19 vaccine in relation to safety. In an effort to address some of these FAQs, Dr. Brubaker and Dr. Hsieh have created a two-part video series for you. COVID Vaccine FAQs - PART 1 COVID Vaccine FAQs - PART...
If you need to schedule a test for a symptomatic patient, please give our office a call for guidance or you can call the Newton Wellesley COVID hotline at 617-724-7000 to schedule a test. The hotline is open Monday-Saturday from 8am-4:30pm. We are now able to offer...
If you or your child are asymptomatic for COVID-19 but would like to be tested for reasons such as exposure, travel or contact with a high risk person, you may contact an urgent care to schedule a test. Please follow up directly with urgent care for your results....
Our office DOES NOT currently have the COVID-19 Vaccine. Please see more info below: April 19- Anyone over the age of 16 will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. If you have received the vaccine and have not yet contacted our office, please...
Dear Families, April 25 to May 2nd is National Infant Immunization Week! For over 25 years this week has served as a constant reminder that we have the "power to protect" our children from vaccine preventable diseases that can be life threatening. In this pandemic...
We wanted to share this article from The New York Times that we hope will be helpful with your child's sleep patterns during this time.Bedtime Was Hard Enough. Then Came Quarantine. Kids across the world are having trouble sleeping. There are ways to help. "I’ve...
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Call us at 617-969-8989 with any additional questions. Thank you for your patience during this time. Stay safe!